CDCW offers psychological evaluations in several areas that include ADHD, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Personality, Mood/Anxiety, and more. If you or someone you know is need of an assessment, please have them contact our intake line so we may provide them with support and answer their questions.
Psychological evaluations may be used to understand your strengths and weaknesses, set goals, create strategies for progress, and monitor progress over time. They may also help identify areas where additional support or treatment may be needed. Psych evaluations may help clients understand mental health issues and be used as part of a self-improvement plan. With appropriate resources and guidance, psychological evaluations might provide valuable insight into your mental health and behavior and support personal growth and development.
What are important issues a client should consider when selecting a facility to provide psychological assessments?
Psychologists who conduct psychological testing, assessment, and evaluation seek appropriate training and supervised experience in relevant aspects of testing, assessment, and psychological evaluation.
Assessment should arrive at treatment plans that are personalized to the needs of the individual.
When interviewing a potential evaluator, ask the following questions to help find the “best fit” for you and yourself or family member:
- What is your experience assessing students this age and with a specific concern?
- What is the cost of the evaluation?
- Do you participate in insurance? Some evaluators participate fully in insurance; some are out-of-network providers and will complete paperwork to assist you in trying to obtain reimbursement; and others will have nothing to do with insurance.
- How much time will be spent on the evaluation of my child/adult, and what is your rationale for spending that amount of time? Some evaluators spend several hours, while others spend several days.
- What is included in the evaluation?
- How long will it take to have completed results and a completed report?
- Will I receive a copy of the report? Some evaluators charge an additional fee for a complete evaluation report.
- What will be included in the report? Some reports will be a simple review of evaluation results, while others will also contain recommendations based on those results.
You can leave a response